|Blue Glacier is seeking an experienced VMware Systems Administrator to support our large Federal client in Washington, DC. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring system accessibility, functionality and stability through best practices administration.
- Provide for the daily/routine operations and maintenance of Windows server systems
(Active Directory), including Microsoft Server 2003 and 2008.
- Install new software releases, perform system upgrades, evaluate and install softwareand security patches, and resolve software-related issues.
- Support installing, loading, and configuring servers, server connectivity issues, perform server upgrades and migration to new system-level software. Perform Windows 2003 and 2008 Server administration across the enterprise utilizing Microsoft Best Practices.
- Administer all servers including Domain Controllers, File, DHCP, DNS, Print,Application, Backup, WSUS, Exchange, Citrix, Web, and Virtual
- Setup and support centralized backup systems (BackupExec 2010 & 2012)
- Perform installation and management of VMware vSphere hosts and virtual machines
- Perform virtual image management using VMware View Composer
- Provision and deploy View desktops, set up user authentication, configure policies, and manage VMware ThinApp applications in View Administrator
- Provide security measures and maintain patch management with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Ensure that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all changes
- Manage server resources and predict the need for additional capacity in advance
- Manage McAfee HBSS and Firewall, Asset Baseline Monitor, Anti-Virus, Antispyware,Host Intrusion Prevention
- You have a diverse and well-rounded technical background that covers 5+ years of technical experience including:
- Experience performing setups, installations, and maintenance of servers in anenterprise IT environment.
- Experience installing and administering Microsoft Operating Systems, firmware patches supplied by vendors and security or update patches as required.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving hardware problems as they occur taking a proactive approach to resolve issues before they become major problems.
- Experience with the installation and maintenance of high-availability servers using Windows 2008 Servers.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Active Directory, Window domains and file permissions structure.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Clustering Technology.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of vSphere and virtualization principals and concepts.
- Experience with supporting backup systems using BackupExec
- Experience performing image management with VMware View Composer
- Experience in managing Thin Apps with VMWare View Administrator
- Experience with McAfee HBSS
- Must possess relevant industry standard certification in accordance with the DoD 8570 series of regulations, including both an IAT cert and an OS/CE Cert (for example, Security+ (IAT) and MCSA)
- MCSA or similar Microsoft certification is required Desired Qualifications
- VMWare certification is preferred
- ITIL certification is preferred
- You have the ability to work independently and manage priorities
- You like to make your client look good
- You find solutions, not problems
- You are proactive, you make and meet commitments, and you execute brilliantly.
- You have the ability to work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission
- You have strong organizational skills, with the ability to work on multiple
tasks/initiatives with multiple deadlines
- You are a quick study; you have a unique ability to adapt to new environments and to assimilate information quickly.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills